So here I find myself blogging my 1st attempt at a 12 of 12…
…and I sure didn’t find it easy. I’ve had a bit of an awkward week with a large workload these last few days and some slightly iffy lung time because I’ve been a bit coldy, throaty and even more coughy than usual.
But anyway. The following 12 pictures are a testament to things that have been in my life today, for whatever reasons!
1) I woke up before the alarm, at unGodly o’clock
2) I then proceeded to wake myself (and probably J) up, by making some freshly squeezed orange juice
3) I left for school wearing my CAT boots as is it still icy and cold here in Londinium
4) Arriving at school early (as it was a Friday and we start earlier than usual), the gates were actually behaving themselves and opened first time for me with my special hoofer doofer gate opener!
5) I unlocked the cupboard where scootie is kept overnight and rode off to my teaching room, dumping him as usual by my desk then began sorting out my teaching for the day (excuse the mess around my desk!)
6) One of my Colleagues wanted to do her Tabla lesson today so together we counted up how many drums there were to use.
7) I then had a really good rehearsal with my student Flautist. The only thing is, the underfloor heating in my music room has started playing havoc with all the pianos and my beautiful Blüthner has developed some terrible tuning issues and a sticky top G.
8 ) It got to lunchtime, earlier than usual, being a Friday, and I popped home (5 minutes in the car) to have my usual neb and take a little bit of time out to a) feed my Robin…
10) I got back to school before 1pm and my colleague asked me to help her type an evaluation for a class in the afternoon. Only thing was, this meant me using a dreaded…..Stinkpad! Sigh!
11) After a good hand wash, seeing as I had been using a communal (yeuch) laptop, my eye caught one of the many Swine Flu signs around school. Even though we have now downgraded the emergency, I’m such a germophobe that I still remind everybody to wash before and after using class equipment!
12) And seeing as it was Half Term today, and I had a really nice last class this afternoon, I decided that it would be a cool thing to all have a lolly to suck during my final 28 minute DVD presentation. My plan worked-it shut them up and I didn’t haven’t to sound like a parrot saying ssssh!
Good old Costco lollies never fail to please!
And I’m totally shattered and am starting my Half Term NOW by being…
…in bed at 6pm!