….Today is a typical 12 of 12 day for me. No wedding this month-I can’t believe they’ve now been married exactly a calendar month, and no School for me either, as I don’t work today, so just a mundane Monday with my car service thrown in….
1) I woke up in a more comfortable Zone-truly GREEN but that followed on from quite a nasty asthma attack yesterday evening. I think the adrenaline of last night’s World Cup Final contributed to my recovery around 10pm when Spain and the Octopus won!
2) As I said, this is a Mundane Monday 12 of 12, and today happens to be our weekly rubbish collection. It is 7am, and it has already all gone. So even though it looks a mess when put out, we don’t have to stare at it on the drive for too long!
3) With Julian working a Night shift all week, I have to try and get lots of the jobs done before he comes home and goes to bed. It sort of shifts my day too as I find myself preparing all the food and meals before I’ve even had my breakfast. I box his up for him and he takes it to work and eats it in the middle of the night, which is in effect his meal time. Today it is chili con carne and salad.
4) And this is my finished salad-which I will plonk a carton of cottage cheese on top and have a baked potato and beans with!
5) My non mundane task today is to take Falcon (our big merc) in for his service. I’m not waiting around for him-it makes the day too long and stressful especially as I wasn’t well last night and I’ll be doing this on my own. I have to drive him over to Mercedes Benz world at Brooklands in Weybridge. But they’re loaning me another merc and I’ll drive back tomorrow to pick him up. This is the pile of stuff I have emptied from his boot and my door pocket!
6) So I drove round the M25, the 23 miles to MBW in order to drop off my car
7) I know you can’t see it in this picture, but I love the way the silver star revolves on the top of the building
8 ) Having returned home in a round trip of exactly 2 hours, it looks very strange to see a silver car the same as Falcon sitting on our driveway. Maybe this one is a Pigeon!
9) I went for my swim to destress and give my lungs their gentle and necessary work out. It was quite cool in the pool today.
10) In fact, I got so chilled swimming my kilometre, (40 lengths) that I spent a whole 6 minutes in the desert like dry sauna warming up afterwards!
11) So after some food and a bit of a rest back home, I did an inspection of my garden. It has almost been too hot to walk round my garden checking up on my vegetables these past few days, and I was astonished by the size of my pumpkin patch….
12)….and the fact that in the tubs by the front door, which face south, I now have ripening tomatoes.
It’s been a profitable day. We’ve had some rain-just one shower, but enough to make puddles! And I am pleased the car has worked out to be straightforward, and I still managed to get my swim in! Must rest up now, whack the old O2 on, have a neb or two and settle down for an evening of TV and a crossword!
….All Photos were taken with my new, shiny iPhone 4G. If you’d like to read other 12 of 12’s, go to Chad Darnell’s Blog….