…. So here follows my series of 12 photographs taken throughout today, the 12th of September, 2010.
1) I picked our first mini pumpkin, and peeled, deseeded and roasted it with olive oil, black pepper and salt. A lovely mid morning snack!
2) Julian was having a morning of DIY-ing. First he was rewiring one of the time modules for our lounge lights, which operate on a dawn to dusk automation system.
3) I was happy to see my vine tomatoes are really beginning to ripen now as we had a sunny week last week.
4) Julian’s other DIY task was to fix the letter box. The postman had rammed it was a large package that had pulled the rubber seal off the inside. All glued and fully operational again!
5) Meanwhile, I checked on my new grass seed which has been in 2 weeks and, as you can see is growing beautifully, patch repairing the front lawn after the summer.
6) We both rushed inside to catch the end of the Italian Grand Prix-Alonso won (boo-hoo! : poor Hamilton, alas, a spot of driver error, but at least Button came second!)
7) In the afternoon, we nipped off to Waitrose, and grabbed our Quick Check scanner…
8 )…Because we needed ICE!
9) And hilariously, they were practically giving away bananas. We got this bag for 5p (about 8 cents!) Apparently they’d ordered far too many boxes and needed to get rid of them-lucky us!
10) Then we had a cup of tea at his Mum’s house, late afternoon, and Julian was playing ball with Poppy in the garden.
11) After all the activity of the day, I sunk into a really bubbly bath. Ginseng and Rosemary. Very soothing for aching muscles and sore, tired lungs. BTW: the tea lights are battery operated ones! Can’t put candles near my lungs!
12) So our day finished with a pizza supper. This is a photo of Julian’s, because, quite honestly, my GF version ended up looking like Poppy the dog’s dinner, and my egg broke, which put me in a really moody mood for as long as it took to scoff those pizzas, and as you may know, I am a pizza addict!
And that marks the end of my 12 of 12 for September, 2010. Hope you enjoyed my day!
….If you’d like to read other bloggers’ 12 of 12′s, go to Chad Darnell’s Blog….