….I took my cough to the Drs this morning!….
That Cough. Le Cough. Le Appointment. Le Docteur. Le Veridct. (Le Boring!)
And this is what transpired, bearing in mind that my Drs is just doors away and I can leave home 5 minutes before my appointment time! So I generally go straight in as they don’t like to keep me sitting in Le Germ Factory aka Waiting Room!
- I coughed as I walked the corridor leading to her door-she heard it!
- I told her I’d had the Flu last week and still had The Cough. She couldn’t believe I’d managed to catch the flu before getting my shot (and I still haven’t had it!)
- She tapped my back and listened to my crackles.
- Verdict: Not much air moving in my basals-lots of “creps” pity she didn’t prescribe “crepes!”
- She said it was all rattling around but understood how with my low PEF it is very hard to expectorate sufficiently. I told her my bottle of Benylin had been purely ‘feel good’ and the antibiotics were only just taking effect.
- She asked if I had dared blow a PF last week and I said I hadn’t. So she had me blow 2 there and then, and the highest was 220 (about 61%)
- She asked what I was doing with my Pred , to which I answered ‘upping it for odd doses if I was really chesty but hopefully remaining at 20mg’. She bought that! After all, my asthma has been surprisingly under control through this whole Cough thing.
- She checked my SATS. 91% on 2L O2. Not surprising considering the thickness of the phlegm I’ve got lingering in my lungs.
So she talked about Carbocisteine. And prescribed me a thrice daily dose of the syrup-tastes like rum, smells like cinnamon!
Oh and to carry on with the antibiotics for another week. So wrote me up for another stock packet of them.
And off home I went, via the pharmacy and picked up ‘Les Medicines’.
But why have I come over all French?
Well, because I now have a French cough syrup to add to my Greek Seretide and Italian Nexium.
And even the ingredients and dosage instructions are in French too. (Wish it was Rum-I’m already not that mad on the flavour of the stuff-3 times a day-yeuch!)
….So much for Britain staying separate from Europe, quite amusing really, we’re borrowing all their drugs, and my Euro collection of medications is ever increasing!….