…. So here follows my series of 12 photographs taken throughout today, the 12th of November, 2010….
It is a Friday, which should be a school day for me, but if you have been following my blog recently you will know that I am currently quite poorly and have had to take today ‘off sick’-my second day off this week, and, having managed not to take any time off sick since last December, I’m pretty miffed. Today will therefore be quite a quiet duvet day for me and I apologise if my photos are slightly lack lustre for that reason!
Anyway, read and enjoy!
1) 8am: It’s a grey November sky out there in the back garden, and it’s terribly rainy, windy, cold and damp-not good for lungs!. Now that all semblance of the summer growth has been cleared form the beds, the plants with shapes rather than blooms take over the interest.
2) I’m still very dosed up. Two weeks on Mucodyne syrup and 3 on antibiotics and counting! The Clarithromycin is so enormous to swallow I have to pour myself a large orange juice. And they make me feel so nauseous my anti sickness meds have been increased to three times a day.
3) But I’m very lucky that my enforced home-hospital bed rest is made all the easier by the fact that Julian is able to bring home all the papers at night from work, quite literally from off of the Newsreader’s desks! These are yesterday’s, but hey, I’m not one to complain about stale news. I’m a total newspaper addict! (Great shot of my knee in the bottom corner there too!)
4) 11am:. And I’m feeling a little bit queasy-not just the side affects of strong anti-biotics. Looks like I’m running a bit of a fever again today.
5) Lunchtime: Oh wow! Julian’s Mum has sent me round a food parcel! Home cooked Chicken Soup, aka Jewish Penicillin….
6)….and some home made oat dumplings, rice pudding and a loaf of wheat free rye bread. I am being thoroughly spoilt whilst I am sick!
7) I loaded my afternoon hypertonic saline dose and the neb mouthpiece seized up! Had to disconnect the thing and immerse it in hot water with a dash of vinegar to clean it!
8 ) J popped out to the shops. I admit I hadn’t even noticed how heavily it was raining, let alone the fact that all the leaves have disappeared off the trees this week.
9) 4pm: It’s hard to get away from this headline in all of today’s papers. Just Google ‘vase’ and it’s all there! Thing is, this rare priceless artefact was found locally to us, in a house in Pinner, NW London, and has been sold at Bainbridge’s the auctioneers down the road in West Ruislip. It is so weird seeing our little town on every news bulletin. Who would believe it!
10) 6.15pm. Julian ran me a lovely bath. Sometimes a bit of a soak in the bubbles can help one feel just that little bit more human. (It’s not wine-it’s cranberry juice and fuzzy water!)
11) So we ordered some of our usual Friday Night Chinese, although I really didn’t fancy much. Julian tried out a spicy Kung Po chicken dish for his main.
12) And of course we had crispy duck pancakes!
Good night all.
See you next month!
….If you’d like to read other bloggers’ 12 of 12′s, go to Chad Darnell’s Blog….