….So my cold went South….
Such an annoyance. I’ve kept J awake and he’s been on an exhausting Late shift for a few days. I’m hoping I haven’t passed this to Anna-Bell who has been sneezing A-LOT (mind you, the whole world has hayfever atm!) People are running out of sympathy and disbelieving me when I say I have a ‘rotten cold’ as they are all trying to tell me it’s ‘hayfever’.
S-O-R-R-Y! I know my lungs and I’ve had more than my fair share of lurgies to know this ain’t just a seasonal sneezing thing. Plus I have been running a temperature all week-very, very unlike me.
It’s the Easter Holiday weekend and with Easter being so late this year it’s pants that I’m feeling so rough right when I need to be “all batteries recharged” and ready for school again on Wednesday. I suspect much of this is to do with the fact that with ABs op I have been living off of adrenaline for the last few weeks, and was flat out exhausted from the end of term but didn’t really get to recover from that before we were dealing with our doglet. Never mind.
So it’s Action Stations here. I’m having to fire the “Added on Extras” to my regular “Anti Asthma Arsenal” now.
- Whacking the Pred up to 40mg from NOW!
- Whacking the emergency Antibiotics from NOW too!
- Doing 20mins of Autogenic Draining twice a day (very boring and uncomfortable and exhausting)
- Nebbing the 7% hypertonic saline that my Physio prescribed on Tuesday twice a day.
- Sinus Douching twice a day with Montesol (hefty saline and Dexpanthenol)
- Taking my Carbocisteine 3 times a day from now on, with the extra dose being the liquid form at lunchtime.