…..As forecast, last night we had a thunder storm…..
I am not usually a wet weather person-not that this is ‘wet’ though, the sun is already back out, heating the water droplets and creating nasty, nasty lung-hating humidity. Bleugh. This feels like Miami after a storm!
But we needed that storm-with nothing measurable for the last 2 months, it was the first decent downpour we’ve had. Our side of London is now in a rain shadow with this totally obvious climate change.
And this is why I am happy it rained:
- I didn’t get a pollution air text last night!
- The pollution that was so apparent is much, much less today-you can’t smell or taste it like you could in the drought.
- The temperature has dropped for the moment (although apparently, 80F is forecast for much of the coming month!)
- My back lawn got watered for the first time and I didn’t have to work on watering the front lawn like I have been doing daily for the past week!
- My antsy angst filled lungs feel like they have had a temporary reprieve from the horrible heat we’ve had.
- The whole house is cooler as I’ve flung open every window back and front and given it a total air change. Bye bye backing up CO2!
- The pollen has been dampened. Bye bye sneezing allergies for the day!
- The storm happened overnight so my lungs and head were not affected by the atmospherics or change in pressure. Phew!
- The garden looks beautiful.
- Julian has been out there with his macro and has actually seen nature in the daylight now he is off Nights!